Félix Krawatzek is a political scientist and, since September 2018, a senior researcher at ZOiS, where he coordinates the research cluster Youth in Eastern Europe. He is also an Associate Member of Nuffield College (University of Oxford). His research focuses on post-Soviet politics and European politics more broadly. Félix Krawatzek is particularly interested in the role of youth in politics, the significance of historical representation in political processes, and questions related to migration and transnationalism. Before joining ZOiS, Félix Krawatzek held a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Oxford’s Department of Politics and International Relations. He finished his doctorate at the University of Oxford and was a visiting fellow at Sciences Po Paris (Centre d’études et de recherches internationales) and at the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies at Harvard University.
Head of research cluster
- Youth as Political Actor and Social Imaginary
- Attitudes, Political Engagement, and Transnational Linkages of Young People in Eastern Europe
- History for Young People: Historical Narratives and Perceptions
- Languages of Conflict: Ideas of Europe in European Memory
- Defining the Nation: Young Poles and their Sense of Identity