Russia’s war against Ukraine raises a host of ethical questions for scholars working on Ukraine, including:
- How should one conduct surveys on sensitive topics?
- What topics are the most sensitive?
- Should one invite representatives of conflict and post-conflict countries to the same event?
- Should one carry out surveys in occupied areas?
In this workshop, we want to explore how the researchers from the different countries affected by the war answer these and other questions. We compare the experience of Ukrainian researchers with those based in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kosovo.
- Oleh Koval, sociologist and qualitative research expert
- Iryna Malysheva, monitoring and evaluation expert
- Inna Volosevych, visiting researcher at ZOiS, deputy director of the Info Sapiens research agency
- Moderator: Tetiana Kostiuchenko, senior lecturer in the sociology department of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, research fellow at Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin
If you would like to participate, please register here: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEqcuqsrDssGNAQtCejqM2lMoWuY374KL
The event is organised by the Ukraine Research Network@ZOiS, which is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.