IT System Administrator (m/f/d)
The Center for Eastern European and International Studies (ZOiS) is looking for an
IT System Administrator (m/f/d)
to start as soon as possible.
The position is to be filled with 100% of the collectively agreed working hours (39h/week) according to TVöD up to pay group 10. The appointment is for an indefinite period. The place of employment is Berlin.
The Center for Eastern European and International Studies (ZOiS) is an independent, international and interdisciplinary research institute with more than 60 staff members and visiting scholars. It focuses on socially relevant social science research on Eastern Europe and on communicating the results to policy-makers, the media and the general public.
Your tasks include:
- Administration and further development of the IT infrastructure (network, server, storage, virtualization, backup, telecommunications)
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of IT systems/services and applications
- Error analysis and elimination of system malfunctions (client/server)
- First and second level support of hardware, software and network
- Control of external service providers
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation, instructions and guidelines
- Control and optimisation of existing processes and solutions, patch management
- Successfully completed training as an IT specialist for system integration or comparable training or many years of professional experience in a comparable area of responsibility.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience after completion of the training is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft systems (Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 10, Exchange, ADS, MS SQL Server 2017) as well as Powershell and experience in virtualisation using VMware
- Knowledge and practical experience in the use of Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS)
- Sound knowledge of current network technologies and components (LAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN, routing, firewall, network hardware)
- Knowledge in backup technologies, preferably with Veeam Backup
- Strong awareness of IT security and experience with IT security certifications desirable
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong sense of responsibility
- High quality standards as well as self-dependent, structured and service-oriented working style
- Solid knowledge of English is an advantage
- A varied, creative and crisis-proof workplace in a diverse, warm and helpful team
- Support for work-life balance
- Flexible working hours with extensive opportunities for mobile working
- A modern, well-equipped office in Berlin Mitte with excellent connections to the public transport network
- Extensive offers for professional and interdisciplinary further education and qualification
- VBL supplementary pension
- If applicable, we offer an additional fixed-term specialist allowance
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Applications from women and applicants with a migration biography are expressly welcome. People with recognised disabilities will be given priority in cases of equal suitability.
If you are interested, please send your application documents (letter of motivation, CV, references and earliest possible starting date) in a PDF document (max. 6 MB) with the subject: IT Systemadmin 2023 to bewerbung(at)zois-berlin(dot)de. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Kleine: emily.kleine(at)zois-berlin(dot)de
By sending us your application, you are providing us with your information for the purpose of ZOiS processing your application. Your data will be treated and stored in strict confidence. In doing so, we observe the regulations of the data protection laws.